Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, no, it's Mason's Pinewood Derby!



Tonight was aaawweeessoooommme!

This is my second year doing the Pinewood Derby. Last year, Dad was travelling a lot and didn't have time to really help me with my Pinewood Derby, so we borrowed one, and it did great. But this year, I was really excited when my Dad said we could buy one early, and I could make it however I wanted it. I drew a picture showing him what I wanted, and then we went to the store to buy the stuff to make it. I decided I wanted it painted silver, and I found some really cool decals to put on it.

Tonight, we finished up a couple more things on it and then it was time for the race.

I was so excited because I set a new track record-TWICE! My car was the fastest one tonight, and the fastest one ever on that track! I got a first place trophy and a certificate. I also got an award for "Best Use of Decals". The best part was making it with my dad. I can't wait to do it again next year!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Congrats Mason! That's awesome!

nancy said...

That is so cool Mason. I follow your moms blog and I am so glad you got to do it with your dad. Congrats on the award. You deserve it

Holly Steffen said...

(I'm Holly I read your mom's blog and so I thought I'd stop by and see what the exciting news was!)

By the way--
That is one sweeeet car!

Good job! You're making your mom (and I'm SURE your dad proud!)

Pam said...

Mason, your car is FANTASTIC! (I want one just like it in real life!) Congratulations on such a great night. I am sure you and your dad are really proud of that car.

Torrie said...

that is awesome Mason, we should start practicing now so maybe Ezra can try to break your record, it sounds like it might be a tough one to beat. Good Job, Mason.

Sariah said...

Way to go Mason! (And Dad!) I know you'll never forget this year's Pinewood Derby and all the fun you had making that car with your dad. :)

(I'm one of your mom's friends and wanted to see what you're awesome news was!)

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......